As an accomplished data professional with a background in the consulting and insuretech industries, I am passionate about developing products with data-driven insights. With over 2 years of experience, I have delivered multiple data integration and analytical projects in the domain of Healthcare and Insurance.
Currently, I am working as a Data Analyst intern at Terrene Labs, LLC in their data services team and my work involves statistical analysis using Python and MS Excel to identify risk profiles of clients and provide better underwriting decisions and results. My role also involves wrangling and cleansing raw data to create client profile reports and prepare data for the enhancement and improvement of the firm's analytic engine in identifying risks.
My previous experience was with Deloitte Consulting US-India Pvt. Ltd. as a Business Technology Analyst in the strategy and analytics service area, where I delivered big data integration projects involving skills in SQL, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive and MS Excel in the domain of Healthcare and Insurance. As part of this role, I analyzed healthcare claims data to develop Spark applications using Scala to load data into Hive tables to be used in client reports. Additionally, I developed test plans and test cases using MS Excel and Hive, achieving zero defects in client reports.
I have also delivered multiple academic projects in R, SAS, Tableau, Power BI during my Master’s in Information Systems at the University of Cincinnati. I have gained more in-depth knowledge in the field of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence during my graduate studies. The course curriculum with specialized subjects like Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Wrangling, etc. has exposed me to the latest conceptual developments and the industry’s best practices.
Proficiency and skills include:
• Languages: SQL, Python, R, SAS, HiveQL, Spark SQL, Core Java, PySpark, Scala
• Analytical/Reporting tools: R, Python, Tableau, SAS, Power BI, Apache Spark, Hive, MS Excel
• Databases/Technologies: MS Excel, Oracle DB, MYSQL, Microsoft Access, Hue, Hadoop, HDFS
• Data Analysis: Reporting, Data Wrangling, Data Visualization, ETL, Business Intelligence, Validation
• Business Analysis/ Other tools: Requirements gathering, Agile, JIRA, MS Project, Jupyter Notebook, Eclipse IDE, Putty