An Industrial Engineer with 3 years of hands-on experience in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Industrial optimization and Quality Control. A self-motivated cross-functional team player with substantial experience in implementing Lean Six Sigma Principles, adept in overseeing bottle neck improvements areas and passionate about improving productivity and quality.
1. Engineering Co-Op, Panasonic Automotive, Georgia August 2019 – April 2020
• Successfully implemented Kaizen activities to improve the overall remanufacturing process of Chrysler infotainment systems, which resulted in reduction of cycle time of analysis process by 32.48%.
• Mapped out and implemented the efficient and optimized process flow with the help of VISIO and SIMUL8 simulation software for remanufacturing process of Chrysler infotainment systems.
• Improved the Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) of the initial analysis stations of Chrysler infotainment systems by 9%.
• Designed visual work instructions and service bulletin for repair process of Chrysler infotainment systems.
• Assisted service engineers in creating PFMEA quality documents to evaluate potential failures on the line.
• Analyzed current resources and added 10 technicians and 6 workstations to meet the customer orders, resulting in 35% increase in productivity.
• Used pareto chart to highlight frequent software update failures and created control plan to minimize the failure rate by 14%
• Responsible for analyzing weekly downtime, reports development and conducting biweekly meetings with supplier to meet end customer requirements.
2. Engineering Intern, Cooper Corporation, India March 2018 – May 2018
• Reduced the cycle time of engine assembly by 30% by conducting cycle time study technique to identify and analyze process bottlenecks thereby reducing them by 10%.
• Conducted work sampling, cycle time studies to identify bottlenecks and to improve labor and equipment utilization
• Assisted Quality Manager with PPAP, FMEA and provided manufacturing support by using DMAIC and APQP.
• Carried out continuous improvement projects to eliminate non-value adding process, found areas for improvement.
• Capacity planning & Risk analysis prior to launch of projects, involved in 5Why Analysis and 5S Manufacturing Assessment.
3. Industrial Engineer, EDMRC Group, India May 2016 – December 2017
• Initiated & directed Kaizen activities for the plant using Value Stream Mapping to reduce waste & improve productivity.
• Successfully implemented cost saving methods to reduce production cost, worked with suppliers to reduce cost of poor quality.
• Statistically analyzed Suppliers, inventory, transportation components of Supply chain management.
• Role involved customer interaction, project KPI tracking & meetings with cross-functional team members.
• Assisted plant engineers in project launch activities and preparation of Bills of materials (BOM).
• Improved manufacturing methods and labor utilization using optimization tools to maximize efficient utilization.
1. Design and implement efficient remanufacturing process flow for Chrysler infotainment system (Six Sigma Black Belt):
Worked as a project manager to reduce cycle time of units by 32.48%, improved OEE by 9%, implemented new process flow with help of VISIO and SIMUL8 software resulting in 35% increase in productivity.
2. Closed loop process using design for Six Sigma(Six Sigma Green Belt):
Worked on the experience surveys of the customers of UnitedHealthcare Inc. Created a closed loop process using ARENA software, process flow charts, Pareto Charts, FMEA, Control plans. Reduced insurance claims processing time by 3 days.