Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Greater LA Area·
CompanyWe are PickTrace, a fast-growing software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.PickTrace is a YCombinator-backed company, and we just raised a Series A round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We are based in Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are hiring rapidly engineers to supercharge our growth.Our software offering is built on a multi-tenant microservices-based platform utilizing dockerized services and Kubernetes within Google Cloud Platform, featuring a ReactJS front-end and a back-end written primarily in Python and Golang. Our mobile application is Android-first, written in Kotlin, with agriculture-specific applications including asynchronous data communication, bluetooth, in-field push notifications.RoleAs PickTrace's Sr. DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer at PickTrace, you’re given the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. We’re looking for someone who consistently produces meticulous, high-quality, client-ready work, and who is thoughtful in both planning and implementation. We are also excited to work with an individual who is friendly and easy to collaborate with, passionate about his/her work, and receptive to feedback and professional growth.What you’ll do: • Drive deployment excellence and product quality through a software-defined approach to operations and infrastructure.
• Work side-by-side with engineering teams to automate and roll out new standardized service platforms.
• Take ownership of the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall success of the SaaS environment.
• Educate and drive adoption of automation and orchestration principles, and create an eagerness to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises.
• Lead reviews of site reliability processes, such as testing, CI/CD, and release management.
• Provide unwavering support & collaboration for our software/QA engineers.
• Partner with QA to drive improvement in the testing of functionality, operability, deployment, and performance for any application or infrastructure changes.
• Set up testing, development, and production environments and infrastructures
• Ensure our services are designed and delivered with security, stability, scalability, and performance in mind.
• Continuously monitor and guarantee an uptime of 99.99%
What we're looking for:• 5+ years of combined experience as a Software Engineer and DevOps Engineer
• Demonstrated experience leading the automation of infrastructure/application systems deployment and configuration
• 3+ years supporting production in a SaaS multi-tenant environment
• Experience with IaaS solutions such as Google Cloud, AWS or similar (certified Cloud Architect or Cloud DevOps Engineer preferred)
• BS is required and MS degree is a plus
• Experience working with teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve the overall reliability of the ecosystem
• Someone who can grow into a mentor and coach for junior site reliability engineers as we scale
• Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to establish a best-of-class Engineering team
• Demonstrated expertise and the capacity to lead complex technical initiatives in all of the related domains:• Infrastructure/cloud automation tooling
• Service Mesh/Discovery Tooling
• Continuous Integration & Deployment
• Containers and Container Management
• Configuration and Security Management
• Demonstrated experience leading/contributing significantly to an open-source infrastructure/application platform initiative is a big plus
• Technical Certifications are a plus
Apply Link : https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/picktracecom/view/P_AAAAAAFAAGjM3iF6f3Yemu?trackingTag=Skillsire