I am an experienced software developer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Skilled in object-oriented programming, low-level API/system design, Test Driven Development and Predictive and Healthcare Analytics
I am currently pursuing a Master's degree in Information Systems, with a focus on data-intensive courses and projects where I could hone my analytical abilities using python, SQL, and Tableau.
See my latest blog here: https://www.skillsire.com/read-blog/106_health-care-analytics-how-to-begin-your-analysis.html
Before pursuing a master's degree, I was working in SAP Labs where I was involved in developing enterprise software in object-oriented ABAP, focusing on test-driven development and interacting with key stakeholders. I was a part of the TCO reduction project for S/4 HANA Cloud where I developed/enhanced APIs, built Fiori applications and developed adobe forms for SAP MM and SAP PP customers.
*** Skills ***
• Languages: Python, ABAP OO, SQL, NoSQL
• Certifications: Google IT Automation with Python, Tableau Desktop Specialist
• Analytic Tools/ML Libraries: SAS Enterprise Miner, SAP Predictive Analytics, Tableau, scikit-learn, NLTK, pandas
• Databases/Others: Oracle, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, OData, REST, Git, TDD (Test Driven Development), Agile, JIRA
*** Accomplishments ***
• Lead speaker: ASUG Annual Conference and SAP Sapphire 2019, Orlando where I delivered an educational session for SAP customers and partners on enhancing memory performance with Data Aging.
• Honor Award: Passion and accountability for total cost of ownership (TCO) reduction deliverables in SAP.
• Honorable Mention: Pitch Video Challenge in Microsoft Imagine Cup 2015 for showing innovation in games path.
My tenure at SAP majorly involved designing/developing APIs for SAP MM customers and building and testing Adobe forms to automate process flow for SAP PP customers.
My contribution as a software developer:
• Automated the process flow between Kanban Summarized JIT and Automotive JIT for some of the leading car manufacturers in S/4HANA Cloud, reducing manual intervention costs by over 60%.
• Developed self-service configuration UIs for SAP ILM and MM customers, providing them with an intuitive UI to configure their data retention policies and business rules for inventory management in the cloud.
• Mentored colleagues on test-driven development strategies and improving the test coverage of legacy code in SAP MM-SRV module, thus reducing customer incidents by 20%.
My contribution as a software developer associate:
• Delivered 3 Key Enterprise APIs and over 4 Cloud Business Ad-Ins (BAdIs) for S/4HANA Cloud, providing customers with more flexibility and fault tolerance as compared to legacy solutions.
• Designed and documented technical workflows for Adobe form extensibility in a private wiki for the education of newly hired employees, reducing future development and testing effort by 30%.
Alexa Integration with Cardinal Health
(Feb 2020 - Present)
I am currently working on a supervised research project with Cardinal Health to integrate Amazon Alexa with Cardinal health for periodic reminders of medication to the patients through Alexa. This is one of the most challenging academic projects that I have taken as it not only requires a thorough study of the healthcare domain and legal compliance associated with it, but is also a technical challenge in itself. I had to do a comprehensive study of the AWS ecosystem and its components like DynamoDB, AWS Lambda and Alexa Skill kit.
Buffalo Sabres Audience Prediction
I am also currently working on a supervised research project with Dr. Sanjukta Smith (Chair, MSS Department, University at Buffalo) and Pegula Sports to predict home game attendance for Buffalo Sabres and analyze social media forums for sports marketing. The first phase of the project was to predict home game attendance for Buffalo Sabres' season games which was accomplished using python and some of its prediction libraries. The project is currently in its 2nd phase, where my team and I are analyzing hockey forums to extract relevant information from posts and converting that raw data to answer business questions and aid in sports marketing on social media websites.
BlueCross BlueShield Patient Analysis
(Sep 2019 - Dec 2019)
I worked on a supervised project with Dr. Sanjukta Smith, Prof. Lawrence Zielinski and BlueCross BlueShield of Western NY to create predictive models to identify high-risk patients, comorbidity analysis of respiratory patients and design interventions. The project gave me good exposure to Tableau for data analytics and visualization and introduced me to the healthcare domain.