The absolutely free GitHub Student Developer Pack is back for another school year. The program has provided over 1.5 million students the best real-world developer tools and training for free since its introduction six years ago.
Verified students who join the Pack receive GitHub Pro at no charge while in school, plus exclusive offers from our GitHub Education partners. More than doubling in size with 21 new partners, the Pack now represents almost $45,000 dollars in savings available to you during your time as a student.
Following is the list of some partners joining:
- 1. Better Code Hub, online source code analysis service
- 2. ConfigCat, feature flag and configuration management service
- 3. Cryptolens, cloud-based software licensing platform
- 4. Gitpod, online IDE for GitHub
- 6. Icons8, design resources including icons, UI illustrations, photos, and more
- 7. LogDNA, log management platform
- 8. Name.com, domain name registrar and web host
- 9. Next.tech, browser-based computing environments
- 10. Phrase, cloud-based localization service
- 11. PushBots, scalable push notification system for mobile applications
- 12. SQL Smash, productivity plugin for SQL Server Management Studio
- 13. .TECH, domains for your tech startup, business, event, community, or publication
- 14. Termius, SSH client for desktop and mobile
- 15. TransloadIt, file uploading and processing service
- 16. Working Copy, Git client for iOS that clones, edits, commits, pushes, and more
They follow these new partners, who quietly joined the pack this summer:
- 1. Bootstrap Studio, desktop app for creating responsive websites using the Bootstrap framework
- 2. Microsoft Azure, set of cloud services to help you build, manage, and deploy applications
- 3. Netwise, turnkey data centre services for the hosting of critical IT infrastructure systems
- 4. PomoDone, Pomodoro time-tracking application to eliminate distraction, sharpen focus, and prevent burnout
- 5. SymfonyCasts, Symfony and PHP video tutorials and code challenges
Plus, longtime returning partners, including:
- 1. Algolia, hosted search API that provides support from frontend to backend frameworks and libraries
- 2. AWS Educate, reliable, scalable, and inexpensive cloud computing services, free training, and collaboration resources
- 3. Axosoft, maker of legendary cross-platform Git client GitKraken and GitKraken Glo task tracking boards that sync in real-time with GitHub Issues
- 4. Carto, open and powerful platform for spatial data analysis, visualization, and application creation
- 5. Datadog, cloud-based infrastructure monitoring
- 6. DigitalOcean, simple cloud hosting built for developers
- 7. Flatiron School, the premier coding bootcamp for launching developers
- 8. Heroku, flexible, easy-to-use platform to deploy, run, and manage your apps
- 9. Jetbrains, provider of professional desktop IDEs: IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, and more
- 10. Namecheap, affordable domain registration, hosting, and management
- 11. Sendgrid, the world’s largest cloud-based email delivery platform
- 12. Sentry, error reporting that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in realtime
- 13. Stripe, web and mobile payment APIs, built for developers
- 14. Thinkful, courseware and mentoring to launch your career as a developer
- 15. Transifex, a localization platform that easily integrates with your code base
- 16. Travis CI, continuous integration platform for open source and private projects
And, with more partners joining every month, there’s always more to come.
What can I do with the Pack?
Looking for ideas for how to use all the new tools at your fingertips? Take a look at these projects or check out GitHub Education’s Twitter and Facebook. This semester, we’ll be featuring all-new “getting started” guides to help you get the most out of your membership.
Make a request
Have a tool you’d like to see included in the Pack? Let the developer know (and tag us) on social media using the hashtag #SkillsireGitHubPack. Companies interested in including an offer in the Pack can apply to be a partner.
How to get the Pack
Not yet a member of the Pack? It’s available for all verified students ages 13+, anywhere in the world where GitHub is available. Join today using your school-issued email, student ID, or other proof of current academic enrollment.