I possess a Masters degree in Industrial Engineering with experience in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and Data Analysis.
Volvo Group Truck Operations
• Developed an automated capacity planning and intraday allocation tool for the Service Center team using forecasting model and queuing theory to balance the front office and back office work of 20+ agents by integrating R, Power BI and Power Automate software.
• Redefined existing KPI’s used to measure efficiency of the Service Center Team by conducting root cause analysis, analyzing existing data and creating data visualizations for simple understanding.
• Optimized and refined team dashboards and documents used to support daily operations using Excel and Power BI.
• Planned a manufacturing cell that reduced the WIP and potentially increased the output by 20% for the Spiral Value Stream (High Mix, Low Volume Model) using line balancing techniques, flexible man lines and data analysis.
• Developed KPIs and Standard Metric Scorecard to accurately capture the Lead Time and the Operator Efficiency associated with the Printing Operation by measuring work elements and conducting time studies.
• Mapped the current state and identified improvement opportunities based on value stream mapping (kaizens), time studies, root cause and data analysis for other Value Streams.
• Involved in designing shell and tube heat exchangers and manufacturing of pressure vessels.
• Created AutoCAD drawings of nozzles for the heat exchangers.
• Oversaw and conducted time studies on the fabrication processes such as welding, rolling and turning required for the manufacturing of nozzles, cylindrical shells and pressure vessels on the shop floor.
• Identified various bottlenecks in the plant’s transportation unit, cooling methods, inventory level and the assembly line.
• Suggested a quicker alternative machine to cut berries that would help the company save up to 52% in electricity and maintenance costs for the machine with a break-even point at 2 years.
• Submitted an algorithm in Excel to streamline scheduling of the company’s highest selling ice-cream flavor with a potential decrease of 40% in the inventory level using concepts such as exponential smoothening (forecasting model) and inventory management models.
Supply Chain Analytics LINKS Simulation
• Administered the operations, production and planning, purchasing and financial performance of a manufacturing setting using supply chain techniques such as forecasting, inventory planning and transportation optimization.
• Analyzed and simulated multiple carpooling and rideshare techniques to find the most optimum model for both customers and companies using ARENA simulation software.
• Created a more time and cost efficient bus - taxi ridesharing model over the traditional cab sharing model on ARENA.
Applied Regression, Course Project August 2018 – December 2018
• Performed data analysis and regression diagnosis using multiple statistical tools and tests in R programming language to achieve the relationship between the significant components of concrete and its compressive strength.
DJS Kronos India
• Collaborated with a team of 40 members to build a single-seater All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) for national level competitions. Brakes Technician for the year 2015-2016 and the Brakes Head and Driver for the year 2016-2017.
• Designed and manufactured the brakes system of the car using software such as Solidworks and ANSYS workbench and multiple manufacturing and fabrication techniques.